Covid Safe Class Procedures for OUTDOOR & IN STUDIO
We are so excited to announce our OUTDOOR classes at Croydon Park, and our reopening of the studio November 9th.
Under the current guidelines things will look a little different.
- A distance of 1.5m between each other at all times
- Hand sanitisation on arrival
- Wear a mask upon entry, on to your mat, and at all times unless exercising at a level that requires you to breath heavier (vinyasa yoga & Pilates etc)
General Rules & Procedures for Class
- As usual pre-registration is required for class via the Mindbody app or our website ashayoga.com.au. If the class is full please add your name to the wait list. If there are already 4 people on the wait list it will say CLASS FULL.
- By showing up for a class either IN STUDIO or OUTDOORS you are agreeing:
- I have not been in contact with some with Covid-19
- I have not had a temperature in the last 24hrs
- I do not have a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath
- I have not traveled internationally in the last 2 weeks
- For IN STUDIO classes please bring minimal personal items (shoes & keys) to leave in the locker room areas (2 person in the locker room at any one time).
- Please arrive to class 10 minutes ahead of time so that everyone can be checked in and set up for class on time.
- After an IN STUDIO class students to exit the studio via the emergency exit if another class is following.
Social Distancing During Class
- For OUTDOOR classes red cones indicate where to place your mat. These have been measured to be a minimum of 1.5m away from other students. Want more space? We are outdoors move as far away as you like!
- For IN STUDIO classes black tape is laid out indicating where to place your mat. These have been measured to be a minimum of 4m2 per person, and 1.5m away from each other.
- Students and teachers should maintain a 1.5m distance from one another throughout class.
- Please refrain from handshaking, hugging, or otherwise touching each other.
Props & Mats
- For OUTDOOR classes BYO all equipment. A yoga mats is recommended but a towel will do. A blanket for Savasana, a chair for Meditation, a Pilates ball and stretch band for Pilates and a cushion for Yin will improve your experience!
- For INDOOR classes BYO mats is recommended, (Cork mats are available for individual purchase $119). Studio mats, balls and props are able to be used provided they are sanitised after use with disposable anti-bacterial wipes. Please BYO stretch band for Pilates and blanket for Yin and Meditation classes.
- Do not come to class if you are feeling under the weather, including, but not limited to flu or covid-like symptoms.
- We have a class cancellation window of 4hrs prior to class starting. This means you can cancel class through the Mindbody app or via ashayoga.com.au 4 hours ahead of time without penalty.
- If you DO cancel with the assumption that you have Covid symptoms, you will be asked to stay away from the studio for at least 14 days or until you have received a negative test result for Covid-19.
- Students & staff are required to wear a mask at all times unless exercising at a level that requires you to breath heavier (vinyasa yoga & Pilates etc)
Additional Cleaning for IN STUDIO classes
- After class please wipe down your mat, any props you have used and any area you have touched around your mat with the disposable antibacterial wipes provided.
- Staff will be sanitising high touch points after every class.
- Professional cleaners will clean and sanitise the studio, bathrooms, and lobby areas daily.